* Nicotine is an extremely toxic substance. Its extraction, storage and use in e-liquid pose a significant risk to the user and anyone who might come into contact with it.
* Never allow nicotine to touch your skin or allow it to build up in the atmosphere. Always wear suitable protective clothing and keep work spaces well ventilated.
* Extreme caution must always be applied in the handling of nicotine, especially where children are concerned - a drop of e-liquid that might make a long-term smoker feel sick will likely kill a child.
* All items contaminated by nicotine extraction or e-liquid mixing must be cleaned or disposed of accordingly. Treat it as toxic waste - do not allow it to pollute the environment or remain unattended or unsecured at any time. Contact your local authority to find what provisions there are for hazardous waste disposal before you attempt any e-liquid production.
* E-liquid and all substances used in its production must be stored securely away from children and pets and in child-proof bottles.
* Appropriate care must be taken to safeguard against fire-hazards. Many ingredients in e-liquid are highly flammable, as are many substances used in the extraction of nicotine.
Even following these guidelines cannot guarantee your safety.